Saturday 16 April 2011

Quick Beauty Hint :)

So for some unknown reason I've agreed to get up ridiculously early to spend time with some family. (I love them, i do. But it's my weekend. 6am is not cool)

As I was settling into bed last night, I was trying to think of ways I could wake up without looking ridiculously tired and worn out. My eyes settled on the jar of Vaseline sitting on my nightstand, (it's handy for when you wake up with the dryest lips imaginable in winter) and VOILA! I remembered my grandmother's trick of dabbing some under your eyes (or all over your face for a treat) before going to bed. Now, usually I do this as a treat when I tint my eyelashes (because you're already using it as a barrier cream anyway), but last night I felt adventurous, and swiped some on, closed my eyes, and set my alarm for....*GASP*....5 hours away.

Overnight, a funny thing happens. Your skin kind of swallows up the Vaseline, so when you wake, the skin there is just baby smooth and wrinkle free. Even the bags that I've probably had there since i was 16 are, temporarily at least, gone! (It lasts until you go to sleep again pretty much).

So there you go. OOTD and FOTD coming later today when I get my brain to function, but until then, why not give it a try?

3 comments:

  1. Does anyone else have some home remedies they love to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip! I'll definitely be giving that one a try!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wonderment! Hope you love the results! x

    ReplyDelete