Tuesday 3 May 2011

Skin Care (and why you should do it!)

So, at the risk of sounding like a harpie, YOU NEED TO ESTABLISH A SKINCARE ROUTINE!!! It's important!

I never really bothered with skin care during my teens, I hardly ever even wore sunscreen. I didn't wear a lot of make up either though, so I guess it was 50/50.

In the mornings, I wash my face with Nutrogena Stress Control Scrub(because without the exfoliating daily, my skin is just awful), followed by BORBAs Orbital Eye Cream, because let's face it, i'm 29 and I need to start being smart about potential wrinkles. I also use Nutrogena Stress Control Hydrating Treatment, all over my face (except where the eye cream is). This stops me from breaking out, but also reduces any uneven tone, redness AND double whammy! it helps heal any acne already there. During summer, I use a light moisturiser with an oil free SPF, but at the moment, I'm using Aveeno Active Naturals with an SPF because the air con inside dries my skin out, and it also provides a nice base for my Foundation. Make sure you wait at least 5 minutes before applying after the Acne Hydrator though, or it gets all tacky and weird. (yuck!)

So there you go. Five, Ten minutes max and you're out the door.

If i'm washing off make up before bed (or during the day if I'm going swimming etc), I like to use Youthful Essence's Cleanser.  It's gentle, smells nice, and washes off even insane waterproof, tattoo like liner. Sometimes, as a treat, I use Dermalogica's PreCleanse, which i found out about because the Twilight Make Up Artist loved it for removing the cakey, whitening make up they used in the films. You use it on dry skin, then add water to emulsify, and it removes EVERYTHING! I still follow that with the Nutrogena Scrub though, I dunno. It just makes me feel better.

I do the same when i go to bed, but I usually use BORBAs Age Defying Wrinkle Repair, which has been discontinued, but replaced with essentially the same thing in their Age Defying Concentrate. It is pretty heavy though....so DO NOT use this in the day unless you're already parched on your skin.

1 comment:

  1. i agree, skin care if important, especially when you r not a teenage anymore. when i was in high school my only wish was that all my zips woudl be gone~~~lol, but id stil lwash my face with proper cleanser and with a moisturizer. as i grow older, i add more step in to my skin care routine, its all part of growing as a woman

    Btw im currently holding a giveaway, there will be 2 lucky winners, the prizes includes products from too faced, Urban decay, lush and alot of other goodies, maybe you can drop by my blog and check it out and enter. You might just be the lucky winner~~~^_^

    Jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete